Everyone who knows me knows that I am very into having lunch. Whether it be with my bff, my team or clients, lunch is an integral part of my demeanor. It’s unlike suppers where you might be exhausted from a hectic day at the office or you just want to be heading home to your family.
Kevin Daum tells us why we should be having more business lunches. He describes the advantages to having lunch with people rather than having traditional office meetings. His insight got me in the mood to call up an old friend and say “Lunch tomorrow?”
Click here for the link to the original article on Inc.com but take a moment to read the vocabulary words below that will make reading the article a
- Do it over lunch – do it during lunch
- Odds in your favor – chance is on your side
- At ease – relaxed
- On your turf – in an area that you control
- To be wowed – to be impressed
- Time frame – the length of time you have available
- Delve – to search for
- Pick up the check – pay the bill
When was the last time you had a business lunch? Describe your favorite lunch spot.