Listen to the podcast:
Ashton Kutcher, 34, is an American actor. He is most famous for his relationship with Demi Moore that lasted several years & also for the hidden camera – practical joke TV series Punk’d. He recently portrayed Steve Jobs in a biopic that will be released in April of this year. To prepare for the role, he became a fruitarian like Steve Jobs & ended up in the hospital two days before they started shooting the movie. Apparently, his pancreatic levels were completely “out of whack”!
I can’t believe he took the method acting approach that far. I also never thought that a fruit-only diet could give such violent reactions.
Here are 3 questions for you: What do you know about Ashton Kutcher? Would you ever consider becoming a fruitarian? Are you looking forward to watching this biopic?
Vocabulary Boost: Listen again and try to find the following expressions
- lasted: continued to exist
- hidden camera: video camera is in a place it can not be seen
- practical joke: a trick played on someone
- portrayed: to play a character in a film
- biopic: a movie related to a biography
- fruitarian: fruit-only diet
- ended up: finished
- shooting: filming
- out of whack: not working properly
- method acting: when an actor tries to live exactly like the character he is portraying
Read the original article and watch the video clip by clicking on the link below:
Summarize the story for your teacher and give your opinion on this matter in class.
Share your comments on Ashton Kutcher with us too…please!