A bridge is something that connects people or things.
A gap is a difference between people, things, ideologies or processes.
When we use the metaphorical expression ‘to bridge the gap’ , it means that we are trying to connect two very different things, ideas or people.
What kind of gaps are there?
- Generational Gaps when speaking of demographics
- Credibility Gaps when talking about how much we trust someone
- Breakaway, Run off & Exhaustion Gaps in stock market metrics
- Price Gaps when we analyze price points
- News & Information gaps in the media
- Gender Gap when discussing gender role difference
Can you think of any other? I’m sure I’ve missed a few.
Have a great weekend y’all!