We asked Crisitna(Italian accent) to tell us about her recent family vacation to Istanbul. She listed her top sites. She remarked about the location of her hotel & she shared her kids’ reaction to this fabulous city.
Play the interview and try to listen for the following expressions:
- Synthesis : mixture
- Muezzin: sounds of prayer in mosque
- Mosque: place of worship for the muslim religion
- Prayer time: time for religious invocation
- Veil: fabric covering for the face
- Public Transportation: system of transportation for a community i.e. bus, metro, tram, etc…
- To be impressed by: to be captivated by
- Has Cristina visited Istanbul before this vacation?
- What were the advantages of staying at the Recital Hotel?
- How old are Cristina’s kids?
View the transcript:Ask Task- I Discovered Istanbul
Fluency Practice: summarize what you’ve heard to your teacher or classmates
Share the Ask Task with your friends.