With Easter being just around the corner, I planned this blog post in honor of this joyous spring feast. I remember wearing my crochet white knee-high socks, floral-printed dress and shiny ballerinas on Easter Sunday. No matter how cold it was in Montreal that spring, this was my outfit.
Reason for Reading:
I found a very interesting article on EASTER in Italy. I thought it would be cool for Italians to learn how to explain their traditions in English & non-Italians could discover what Easter in Italy was like. Here is the article: Pasqua: Easter Lunch In Italy
Here are my top 5 favorite Traditional Easter Flowers. Click on the link and see what they look like. This activity can easily inspire your Easter bouquet.
- Lorenzo didn’t want to pick on Harry but his friends egged him on. (i.e. to encourage or dare someone to do something that may be unwise or dangerous.)
- The investor regretted putting all his eggs in one basket. (i.e. Do not risk everything by placing too many hopes on one thing)
- My boss is really nervous in this period. When we work together, I feel like I’m walking on egg shells.(i.e. to do something cautiously, try hard not to upset someone)
- Jane didn’t come home last night. Her dad stayed up waiting for her. He’s hopping mad. (i.e. to be really angry)
- Jerry’s parents started saving up for his college tuition long ago. This nest egg is waiting for him.(i.e. an amount of money that is saved over a usually long period of time to pay for something in the future)
- I hopped on the bandwagon this spring and switched to a smart phone. (i.e. To become involved in an activity that has gained popularity recently)
Easter Tongue Twisters: Listen and Repeat
Each Easter, Eddie eats eighty eggs.
Baby bunnies bounced bright balls beyond Bunnyland borders
Fluency Builder: Discuss the following questions with your friends or teacher.
- What do you like most about Easter?
- Have you planned anything special for this Easter?
- Do you observe lent? Do you fast on Good Friday?
- Have you ever taken part in an Egg Hunt?
- What’s your favorite Easter dish?
- Do you prefer chocolate bunnies, hard-boiled eggs or jelly beans?
Hope this special Easter post got you ready to speak about this festivity.
Happy Easter everyone!