We are talking about the word ‘GRAB’ today.
I used it this morning when I was talking about having a coffee with a friend. I said: ‘ I am grabbing a coffee with Sonia this morning.’
- To take hurriedly or quickly
- To capture someone’s attention
As usual, I try to focus on the most important definitions. These two seem to be the most useful for learners.
- Let me grab my coat before we go.
- I will grab a coffee on my way to work.
- The speaker grabbed our attention.
‘Up for grabs’ is an expression that means available for someone to take or win.
- That position is up for grabs.
- A big chocolate Bunny is up for grabs!
If you like this, please share it with a friend.