I thought I would share one of my favorite family recipes with you. My boys love it as an after school snack and I hope you do too!
Let’s look at some of the expressions from the recipe:
- When butter is softened, you have left it out of the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When a banana is ripe , it is not green but yellow.
- If I mash something, I press down on it with a fork
- When I heat something, I increase the temperature of that thing. If I pre-heat an over, I turn it on and heat it to a certain degree before using it.
- When something is smooth, it does not have bits of pieces or lumps in it
- When something is fluffy, I have make it airy, light and soft
- if I pour batter into a pan, this means that I am moving the liquid into another container
- Batter is a thick liquid mixture that is made when baking.
Let me know if you make the cake! It would make me happy to get your feedback on the recipe.