The internet has been inundated with posts on Nelson Mandela’s passing. I especially liked Seth Godin’s so I have decided to share it with you. You can find the original link here.
What did Seth Godin have to say?
A Legacy of Mandela by Seth Godin
Others can better write about Nelson Mandela’s impact on the world stage, on how he stood up for the dignity of all people and on how he changed our world.
For those that seek to make a change in the world, whether global or local, one lesson of his life is this:
You can make a difference.
You can stand up to insurmountable forces.
You can put up with far more than you think you can.
Your lever is far longer than you imagine it is, if you choose to use it.
If you don’t require the journey to be easy or comfortable or safe, you can change the world.
What do the following expressions mean?
- A legacy: something received form someone who has died
- To seek : to look for, search
- To stand up to: refuse to receive bad treatment from someone
- To put up with: to tolerate
How would you answer the following questions?
- How would you describe Nelson Mandela’s accomplishments to children?
- Who else has had such a positive impact on Humanity?
- What other humanitarian causes need to be adressed today?
- When thinking of your community, what can you do to make a change?
Great Man. Powerful Words. Big Love!