She is an advocate for girl’s access to education worldwide and is the youngest person ever to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, Malala is an inspiration and brings hope to women everywhere.
Can you answer these questions after watching the video?
- According to Malala, when do we really value what we have?
- Why are the terrorists afraid of education?
- Why did she decide to speak out against the conditions in which women were living in her country?
- What was Malala’s initial plan, in case a Talib showed to to her house to kill her?
- Why did she change it?
- What was her final plan?
- In the end, the interviewer makes a proposal to Malala and she giggles. What does he want to do?
What do the words in bold mean?
- Until it is snatched from our hands : taken, seized
- We were not allowed to go to school : permitted
- Women’s rights were denied : refuted rejected
- And then suddenly : unexpectedly
- The Talibans have theatened you : menaced , compromised
- You sure are swell! : great, wonderful
In her shoes… What would you do?
If you had to choose between your life and your freedom?
If your teenage daughter decided to risk her life to fight for a cause? Would you support her or lock her in her room?