Listening to an English Audio clip or watching a short video can help you improve your English skills in more ways than you can imagine:
It can help you to:
- Enhance you listening skills
- Develop your comprehension skills
- Discover new and interesting vocabulary
- Learn new phrases in a fun, interesting format
I am going to share with you an audio clip from a book I love that can make your English learning experience a little more fun.
This audio book clip is going to be from one of my favourite childhood authors Roald Dahl. Click on the link below to listen to a few minutes of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”
Listen out for the following interesting words and phrases:
- hero : a person who is admired for great acts
- tremendous : very large or great
- mouth-watering: that makes you salivate
- scented : with a pleasing smell
- grandchild -extraordinary: exceptional grandchild
- streaming : flowing
- deserted: to leave or stop helping or supporting
Listen again & answer the questions below?
1. Who is Charlie Bucket?
2. What did Charlie want more than anything in the world?
3. Why did the factory owed make the factory workers go home?
Can you answer the following questions with a friend or your teacher?
- Have you ever visited a chocolate factory ? What was it like?
- Do you like chocolate? What’s your favorite kind of chocolate?
- Where do you normally buy your chocolate?
This post was created by Anna L. whose mp3 English audio collection is unbeatable.
Answers: 1. The hero of this story 2.Chocolate 3.Becaues there were spies 4.