You may be a junior or senior manager…no matter! If you have people under you, then you have the responsibility to develop your resources. Tom Peters says “That is your life, That is your legacy”. What do you think?
What 6 expressions did I pick up from this video?
- A while back… some time ago…
- My view of the world is…my outlook on this topic is…
- The point of this is….the objective is…
- And so on down the line….and continuing in that manner…
- I have tidied it up a bit since… I have made the process clearer
- Here is exactly the way it goes…Let me tell you what you need to do…
Can you answer Tom’s 6 key questions in writing and share them with your trainer?
- Name the 1 person whose growth you have most contributed to over the past 3 years?
- Explain where they were in their career, where they are today and where they will be in the near future?
- Do you have a precise development strategy for that person?Explain it.
- What has been your biggest development disappointment of the last 12 months? Looking back, could you have done anything differently?
- What have been your greatest development triumph & disaster over the last 10 years?
- What have you learnt about people development over the last 10 years?
If this post made you stop and think about leadership skills, then share it with someone who might also be interested.
You can book 1 session with an EASI trainer to work on this area of leadership in English. Remember that when the time to perform arrives the time to prepare has passed. Drop us a line today email@example.com .
p.s. This post was created by Crissy…curious cat, language coach & proud Quebecer!