What is he singing about?
I think it’s mostly about not realizing how much you love or need someone or something until it’s gone and you can’t have them/it back. In essence, it is about regret.
Who is Passenger?
Michael David Rosenberg better known by his stage name Passenger, is an English folk-rock singer. He writes songs, plays guitar, has an american dad from New Jersey. He is most famous for ‘Let Her Go’.
What verbs can we learn from the lyrics?
- to miss : to be without
- to burn : to be on fire
- to let go : to allow someone to be free
- to stare : to look at someone or something for a long time
- to fall asleep : to begin sleeping
- to dive : to fall suddenly and quickly into something
- to feel low : to be depressed
What questions can we ask to start a conversation?
- Have you ever had to let someone or something go?
- What would you say to someone who was staring at you?
- When was the last time you used a candle? How long did it burn for?
- What do you miss most about your childhood?
- What time do you normally fall asleep at night?
- What advice do you give friends who are feeling low?
- Have you ever been diving? Tell us about it.
p.s. this post was created by Crissy…who totally loves this tune!