“Some people swear there is no beauty left in the world, no magic.Then how do you explain the entire world coming together on one night to celebrate the HOPE of a NEW year?”
Let’s kiss last year goodbye along with all regrets, remorse and resentment. Let’s thank it for every moment, every experience, for our friends, our loved ones, our joys, for us surviving our mistakes and our losses… and send it on its way, as we pat ourselves on the back for getting to where we are now.
Let’s not burden ourselves with New Year’s resolutions, so that we are free to embrace new joys, new ideas, new challenges, new solutions, new adventures and surprises as we welcome the new year with open arms because, as they say:
“”Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That’s why it’s called the Present.”
So as we prepare for the New Year, let’s throw away the list of things we’ll force ourselves to do in 2014, let’s just be ready to unwrap 31 million presents with the same excitement and gratitude we feel at Christmas.
FYI, There are 31,536,000 seconds in a year
What can we learn from this post?
- to swear- to make a solemn declaration
- to kiss something goodbye – accept the end of something
- regret- a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction
- remorse- a feeling of responsibility for doing wrong
- pat on the back- to praise someone for something
- to burden – to place a weight on someone, to make sad
- to embrace – to receive or accept gladly, to put one’s arms around someone
- to throw away – to get rid of something useless or unwanted
- to unwrap – to uncover, to open a present
May 2014 Rock for you!