As a parent, I am often faced with my boys who might not listen or situations in which they can act inappropriately . So, it got me thinking about whether always correcting them was better than just letting certain things go. Could simply encouraging them to do better next time be more productive than always highlighting the mistake? Does this hold true in an office setting as well?
What is the definition of encouragement?
Something that makes someone more determined, hopeful, or confident
How do you pronounce it?
Can you answer the following questions in conversation with your trainer or a friend ?
- What do you do to encourage yourself when going through hard times? Does it work?
- Who do you talk to for encouragement and inspiration?
- Which of your family members encourage you most? How?
- What are some saying in your country that bring encouragement?
- What’s the most encouraging book you’ve ever read?
- Which is better a word of encouragement or a letter of encouragement? Why?
- Should people just accept whatever comes there way?
- What are some ways you feel you can make a difference in this world.
- What song encourages you most?
- What person has inspired you the most? How?
- How can you make yourself believe more in yourself?
Can you write out the answer to the first and last question?
It might be difficult to give this answer. Think about it for a while. Write as many possible options as possible & remember them when you need a little pat on the back!
p.s. This post was written by Crissy F…proud mom of 2 little rascals!