We asked Crissy about her job as a TEFL teacher. She gives her opinion about the importance of English. She talks about accents around the world & she explains Distance Learning.
Play the interview and try to listen for the following expressions:
- a million dollar question : a pertinent question
- lingua franca : language adopted by speakers who have different native languages
- what’s your take on…? : what’s your opinion…?
- up until : conjunction similar to until/pending
- frowned upon : disapproved
- very cool : good
- one-to-one tuition : individual lesson
- stuff like that : things of this kind
- at a time : simultaneously, at once
1. Does she think English is the language for business alone?
2. Where was she born?
3. How many learners does she teach at a time?
View the transcript: The Tefl Teacher
Fluency Practice: summarize what you’ve heard to your teacher or classmates
Share the Ask Task with your friends.