Here are my brother Stefano & Sue Mah, a nutrition expert, making corn soup. Enjoy this recipe & let me know if you like it. It’s made with milk so extra nutritious! My kids love it.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups corn
- 1/4 cup smoked ham, chopped
- 1 table spoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 cups milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot
- Sauté the vegetables & ham
- Add the fresh thyme
- Pour in the milk
- Bring to a boil
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Season with salt & pepper
Corn Soup (Photo credit: tyle_r)
- Stalk: thick stem of a plant
- Diced: cut into small cubes
- Chopped:cut into small pieces
- Thyme: sweet-smelling herb used for cooking
- Stock pot : deep contain used for boiling soup
- Sauté : fry food in small amount of oil
- Pour: fill a container with a liquid
- Season: add salt, pepper and spices to give flavor to food
Posted in Reading, Video Clip
- Tagged business english, Cook, Corn soup, crissy faita, english, esl, lem, Olive oil, reading, Recipe, Soups and Stews, tefl, video, vocabulary, YouTube
Anthropomorphic Valentine, circa 1950–1960 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Here is my first post related to cupid, sweets and loooove!
Stefano Faita is my brother and he has a cooking show in Canada called In The Kitchen With Stefano Faita. He has selected some yummy recipes that could be used to have a Valentine’s dinner with friends…fun right?
Click here and access all the recipes from In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita but read the vocabulary section below first.
count down : counting the number of days remaining before an event
candlelit : lit with the light of candles…romantic!
grub : food
show off : to try to impress someone with your ability or possession
an apron ; clothing that is worn on the front part of the body to prevent from getting dirty
Share your favorite Valentine’s recipe with us. We love food & sharing recipes.
My favorite is homemade eggplant parmesan:-)
Posted in Reading
- Tagged canada, Cook, Cooking show, crissy faita, english, esl, Recipe, stefano faita, tefl, Valentine, vocabulary